top of page

Frequently Asked Questions



Here are a few frequently asked questions.


How do I apply for help from the BEN?

You can apply in writing to Chris Gardner the Chief Executive at The BEN at…

The Scottish Licensed Trade Benevolent Society

Suite 22,

Enterprise House,

Southbank Business Park,


G66 1XQ

You can call on

0141 353 3596

You can e-mail at

You can also call our FREE Mental Health Helpline on 0800 915 4610

What do I need to qualify for help from the BEN?

To qualify for help you must have worked in the drinks/hospitality industry in Scotland.


Will I receive this money every year? Or will this be a one off?

Each person is treated individually, some get a yearly amount, some get one off grants, depending on the level of need.


How do I nominate someone to receive help from the BEN?

Contact Chris Gardner at the BEN office and she will process the application.


How can I make a donation?

Donations can be made by cheque to the BEN office, BACS payments directly into our bank account or you can donate via our Just Giving Page.

Contact Chris for bank details.


How do I become a member? And how much does this cost?

Contact Chris at the office by phone, letter or e-mail and she will send a membership form to you. Individual membership costs £30 and corporate membership costs £300. This is a one off payment.


What does becoming a (Corporate/Individual) member involve?

Corporate membership means that your name will be entered onto the database and notification of all BEN events will be sent to you.

Individual members get notification of the larger events together with the annual accounts and A.G.M. notice.


We Need Your Support Today!

bottom of page